Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Crown of Midnight by Sarah J. Maas

Series: Throne of Glass #2

Publication: August 27th 2013 by Bloomsbury USA Childrens

Source: Library Book

Goodreads Summary: "A line that should never be crossed is about to be breached.

It puts this entire castle in jeopardy—and the life of your friend."


From the throne of glass rules a king with a fist of iron and a soul as black as pitch. Assassin Celaena Sardothien won a brutal contest to become his Champion. Yet Celaena is far from loyal to the crown. She hides her secret vigilantly; she knows that the man she serves is bent on evil.

Keeping up the deadly charade becomes increasingly difficult when Celaena realizes she is not the only one seeking justice. As she tries to untangle the mysteries buried deep within the glass castle, her closest relationships suffer. It seems no one is above questioning her allegiances—not the Crown Prince Dorian; not Chaol, the Captain of the Guard; not even her best friend, Nehemia, a foreign princess with a rebel heart.

Then one terrible night, the secrets they have all been keeping lead to an unspeakable tragedy. As Celaena's world shatters, she will be forced to give up the very thing most precious to her and decide once and for all where her true loyalties lie... and whom she is ultimately willing to fight for.

Goodreads Page

My Thoughts:

Ho. Ly. Crappp.

My brain right now is just going !!!!!!!!! Just to start this off with, I definitely did not think I would love this series as much as I do (so far since this is only the 2nd book). I read ACOTAR first from Maas and really just didn't gel with it although I did give it 3 stars I believe. But OMG the Throne of Glass series IS SO WORTH THE HYPE. I hope that I continue to love these as much as I do right now and that the series doesn't go downhill for me but right now I'm just thinking HOW COULD I NOT HAVE LET MYSELF READ THIS SOONER??

Okay, freak out done. There's too many ways to spoil this book so I'll keep my review pretty brief. The plot was SO GOOD. I loved it much more than ToG and felt it was much faster paced and more interesting. I had difficulties putting it down the last 200 pages! I loved seeing my characters again and seeing where the story took them. Celaena is much more open in this book and I loved seeing her character develop more with what we learn about her. Dorian's surprises that he yielded definitely made for an interesting twist and I can't wait to see where it takes him and how Maas develops him with it. Chaol. I love him. Enough said. The romance was perfect (the parts we got at least). The ending was perfect. I literally sat there frozen when the realization hit me of who Celaena really is. I had goose bumps and just sat there, my eyes on the book but not reading it, as my brain went She's _______! She's ________! OMG!!!! I love how Maas lets the reader figure it out before the character does so that you get your own realization first. I love being right lol. A+ ending.

I can't wait to see what happens in the next book.

Likes: The plot was much faster paced. Chaol. Celaena's development. Dorian's surprise. THE ENDING!

Dislikes: None.

Overall:
Recommend? YES!
 


No comments :

Post a Comment