Saturday, October 15, 2016

Favorite Quotes from Vanishing Twin & Twin Flames by Tanja Kobasic (Untapped Series)

Hello all!

I marked quite a few quotes and passages from the Untapped series as I read it and I got a request to see which parts I marked so that's what you'll find in this post. If you want to see my reviews for the books, you can find the first book's Vanishing Twin here, and the second book's Twin Flames here. I also have a BookTube video of my reviews for them which you can find here or simply scroll down to the bottom of this page where it is embedded. Happy reading!

Favorite Quotes/Passages of Vanishing Twin:

"She looked irritatingly pretty and irresponsibly fragile in the powder-blue dress. But evil didn't have to look ugly. Sebastian had discovered that a long time ago." ~pg. 166

"She set the bottle down and whispered, 'Vanishing twin.'
The words, two simple words, caused his knees to buckle.
She knew. Vanishing twin. The words echoed in the room and in his mind.
He caught her gaze.
She knew it all." ~pgs. 222-223

"'Tell them I'm not here.'
I had to double-blink at the insanity. Did she not realize that we were literally attached at the hip?" ~pg. 360

"Sebastian and I drank peppermint tea from two of our leftover mugs; he'd salvaged five from the one hundred. Who would have thought a few months back that the only person to enjoy our token mug would be the one reader who gave us the worst review? The whole thing was so pathetic that it bordered on comical." ~pg. 399

"'My mother walked into my room and screamed. She had a meltdown, just went off on me, threatening to beat me if I ever did that again. Of course I didn't listen to her. But no matter how many rainbows I painted, there were always my demons, painting my world black.'" ~pg.412

"He was home again. Scarlett would smile at his rainbows.
And he would paint stars beneath her feet." ~pg. 431

Favorite Quotes/Passages from Twin Flames:

"'So what's Jewell like....This talented prima ballerina?'
....'My dear Scarlett,' Leon said with serene cordiality.
Outwardly calm, inwardly weak, I faced him with a quiet smile of confidence.
'She may be dancing on his stage, but you're dancing in his heart.'" ~pg. 237

"'Look at you,' he said, coiling one of my curls around his finger and looking me over. 'You make a man wish he was a poet. I've run out of words.'" ~pg. 246

"'Your father and I have been privileged to live all over the world, to experience many diverse cultures and religions. When you think about it, we scoff at cannibalism, which I'm in no way saying isn't evil, but this is their ritual. This is how they pay their reverence to a god that declares eating the flesh of their enemy will result in reward. The way Catholics dress in their Sunday best, attend mass, sing and praise the Lord, and symbolically eat the body of Christ and drink his blood is similar to how these cannibals worship their god. They primp in their finest, wearing the bones of their dead brothers, decorating their faces in war paint. And just as we have a priest, they have their chief who oversees the ritual. They dance to drums, we sing with the choir. We eat the host, and they eat their enemy. Who is evil, Scarlett? I'll tell you who: the one doing damage to another. The one inflicting pain. That's how I've always made the distinction. Some build castles in the sand and others take pleasure in knocking them down.'" ~pgs. 365-366

"'Love is light, for it burns the dark. There is no love in the dark.'" ~pg. 444

"'Can you read my mind?' I asked when his lips found my mouth.
'No,' he whispered, his breath mingling with mine. 'I can read your heart.'" ~pg.543


No comments :

Post a Comment